Pastoral Care & SEN/D
The Pastoral Care and SEN/D Team exists to provide an extra stratum of support to that which is provided by all Wren School professionals.
All the actions and efforts of the Pastoral Care and SEN/D Team involve understanding barriers to progress and intervening so as to enable progress in learning.
The team is made up of:
Mr David Zell – Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral Leader)
Mrs Jo Juster – SENDCo
Mr Andrew Hollands – Key Stage 3 Leader
Mr Oliver Harrison – Key Stage 4 Leader
Mr Oliver Harrison – Head of Year 9
Mrs Claire Rider – Head of Year 8
Mr Andrew Clarke – Head of Year 7
The vision and aims of our SEND (Special Educational Needs Department) are as follows:
- All children and young people are valued equally and have the right to learn, achieve and participate fully in education and in the wider community regardless of their abilities and behaviours.
- All children and young people are empowered so that their voice is heard and heeded in decisions made about themselves.
- All parents and carers are partners in meeting the needs of their children.
- All children and young people are entitled to have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that is differentiated to meet individual learning styles, recognising personal strengths and needs.
- The diversity of the needs of children and young people is recognised and met through a range of flexible, responsive and varied provision.
Click here to read the SEN/D Information Report.
Click here to read the Reading Borough Council SEN Information Report.
Click here to read the Maths and Literacy Catch Up Funding 2015-2016.
Click here to read the Maths and Literacy Catch Up Funding 2016-2017.
Click here to read the Maths and English Catch Up Funding 2017-18.