Report an absence and late arrivals
To report your child absent, please contact the school as early in the morning as possible on 0118 214 3888, extension 241. Please remember to ring in on each day of your child’s absence.
You can also contact the school via email at: email@example.com.
If your child takes more than three days off school in a row, we would advise that you seek medical advice and also provide us with evidence of the prolonged absence. The Education Welfare Service accepts the following as medical proof:
• GP appointment card
• A text message from the health care provider, e.g. dentist, doctor, orthodontist
• Sight of medication, named and dated appropriately
• Sight or photocopy of prescription, named and dated appropriately
Students who arrive late to school must enter via main reception at the Southcote Lane entrance, and sign in. The gates are locked promptly at 8:50. Please encourage your child to be punctual.
Leave of Absence Requests
Should you need to request a leave of absence for your child during term time, please download the Student Request for Leave of Absence form. This should be completed and returned to Student Reception. Please be aware that under the strict Department for Education guidelines, requests might not be authorised and a Fixed Penalty Notice may be issued by Reading Borough Council. A Request for Leave of Absence form should be completed for all planned absences, including those for religious observance.
What to do if your child needs to leave school for a medical appointment.
• Please provide your child with a copy of the appointment letter, or card (ideally ahead of the appointment)
• Your child must take the appointment letter or card to main reception, marked for the attention of Mrs J Delaney
• You should write a note in your child’s planner to show their class teacher that they have permission to leave the lesson
• Your child must go to main reception to sign out
• Upon arrival back at school, your child must sign in at main reception
Should you have any questions regarding attendance, please contact Mrs J Delaney on 0118 214 3888.