Please click here to view a map of the catchment area.
Click here to read our 2018 admission policy
Click here to read our 2019 admission policy
Click here to read our 2020 admission policy (Years 7-11)
Click here to read our Sixth Form admission arrangements for 2020-2021 policy
The Reading Borough Council admissions process can be viewed here.
2019/2020 Admission Appeals
All applicants refused a place at The Wren School have a right of appeal to an Independent Appeals Panel, constituted and operated in accordance with the School Admission Appeals Code. The Academies Trust has published the outcomes of previous appeals below, and prospective appellants should read this before hand.
The appeals process for the Normal Admissions Round will open on 1st March 2019.
- Appellants should advise [email protected] that they wish to appeal within 20 school days of receipt of the notification (by 29th March 2019).
- All appellants are required to state the ground of their appeal, and the Academies Trust will only accept fully-completed appeal forms which are found here. Appeals lodged which do not fully present the appellant’s case, are in any other format, or to any other authority, such as RBC, are NOT VALID and will not be accepted.
- Appellants will receive at least 10 school days’ notice of their appeal hearing, to which they are expected to attend. Any additional evidence from the appellant must be submitted to the Clerk to the Appeals Panel no later than 5 school days before the hearing is scheduled. Any information or evidence not submitted by this deadline might not be considered at the appeal.
- For applications made by the routine admissions round deadline (31st October 2018), an Appeal Panel will consider the appeals within 40 school days of the appeals deadline date (29th March 2019) i.e. 18th June 2019.
- For ‘late’ applications (see section 3 of Admissions Policy 2019), appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals where possible.
- For appeals lodged after the routine deadline (29th March 2019) they will be heard either within 40 school days of the appeals deadline date, or within 30 school days of the receipt of the appeal being lodged, whichever is later.
- In all other cases, appeals will be heard within 30 school days of the receipt of the appeal being lodged.
Appellants should be informed by letter within a further 5 school days of the Appeal Panel’s decision. The Appeal Panel will consist of 3 independent members. Decisions are made in accordance with the School Admission Appeals Code. The decision made by the Appeal Panel is final and binding on all parties.
|1 March 2019||National Offers Day|
|15 March 2019||RBC deadline for acceptance of offers|
|29 March 2019||Deadline for appellants to advise the Academies Trust that they wish to appeal|
|18 June 2019||Last day for appeals to routine admissions round to be heard|
|9 June 2019||Any appeals accepted* after this date will not be heard prior to September 2019, unless in exceptional circumstances agreed by the appellant, and the Academies Trust, and the Independent Panel.|
* For appeals to be accepted, they must be lodged correctly according to the process detailed in section 10 of the Admissions Policy 2019.
2018/2019 Admission Appeals
The appeals process for the Normal Admissions Round has now closed.
The results of these hearings can be found here.
Applicants, who have had their application to The Wren School refused, have the right to submit an appeal to The Wren School Academy Trust and/or request to be placed on a waiting list.
For in-year admissions, applications to appeal must be received within 20 school days from the date of the refusal letter.
All appellants are required to state the grounds of their appeal, and the trust will only accept fully-completed applications found here as the appeal. Appeals lodged in any other format, or to any other authority, such as Reading Borough Council, are NOT VALID and will not be accepted.
Appeals should be sent to [email protected]. For any queries, please contact Mrs Lynn Smith on 0118 959 1868.
Hearings for Appeals lodged outside of the Normal Admissions Round will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal being lodged.
Appellants will receive 10 school days’ notice of their individual hearing. Results of all appeals will be confirmed to appellants no more than 5 days after the hearing date.